Sycamore Avenue is a new build development in the Gannow area of Burnley that Ring Stones is currently working on to provide 34 units, due to complete in December 2022.
The land had previously been under development by another contractor; however, their development was never completed. Since Ring Stones began working on the site, discovering issues that meant the existing drainage and foundations required some additional remediation work before they could begin the build.
The remediation works started on Monday 21st June, marking the start of a fast-paced 6-week programme.
The works undertaken included the following: –
- Removal of invasive species
- Removal of all relic foundations from the previous development
- Turning all ground to 2 meters to all areas of site
- Removal of any contaminated ground
- Forming the piling matts for all plots
- Forming the substructure of the roads in readiness of the roads and footpaths being formed
- Installing the new site compound and silo base
- Removing and recording the locations of relic piled foundations from the previous development.
These works were completed on time and to a good standard throughout.
You can find out more about the work on Sycamore Ave here: https://ringstones.co.uk/news/ring-stones-starts-work-on-new-34-unit-development-in-burnley/